Friday, April 3, 2009

Amy and Tony's Baby Boy -- Kansas City Newborn Photographer

Two years ago, when my photography career was just beginning, if you had told me that a couple would be driving from Des Moines so that I could do a newborn portrait session for their 18-day-old son, I would never have believed it. But that's just what happened today. We had a maternity session a few weeks ago, and Amy and Tony returned to my studio today with their tiny little man. I am truly humbled and honored! Thank you so much for choosing me - I have enjoyed photographing you so much - and there's that matter of 6-month portraits we were discussing today....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori, Lori, Lori. It is only a matter of time before many of your clients are traveling distances for your work. You inspire me every time! -- Michelle T.

Alicia C said...

That first one is ART!!!
Love dad's tattoo

Kimberly Hill said...

Of course they'd come back - their maternity images were fabulous! And the newborn session went just as well. Love Dad's big hands cradling his son's tiny head and then holding him against his bare chest, looking so peaceful and proud. The tattoo is PERFECT in that image! Mom is gorgeous and you'd never believe she just gave birth. What a wonderful session! I can't wait to see the 6-month session too :)

Kare said...

oh my goodness! how precious...great work Lor!

MaryAnn said...

I love the parent portraits. The love they feel for there new baby is very apparent in these!

Lisa said...

Beautiful, Lori! I LOVE that you have curled up shots WITH open eyes - a double bonus! And what a sweet little peanut!

Carrie Steffe said...

Oh these are so nicely done, beautiful lighting and posing as always!

Anonymous said...

I can see, through your photos, how much this child means to his parents. Their love and pride is etched on their faces. These portraits are so wonderful.

Anna-Karin said...

Look at how alert the baby is in the last image. What a sweetie.
Gorgeous portraits, all of them!!

meggan said...

Gorgeous! What a beautiful family! You are well worth the drive, Lori! :)