Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Center Stage Model Kids!

On Sunday I conducted sessions for the national portrait event that is raising funds for the very worthy Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, an organization that coordinates sending photographers to hospitals to photograph babies who have just been born but are gravely ill, or who have already passed away. It's an outstanding charity and while I have not signed up to be a volunteer photographer, I was more than willing to take part in this fundraiser for them.

Funds are raised through this event by entering kids into a "Cutest Kid in America" contest - each vote is $1, and goes directly to NILMDTS.org. Only participating photographers can enter children into the contest, and only portraits taken since early January, of children 18 months-14 years, can be entered. I will be photographing a few more children this coming weekend, and could add a few sessions - if you would like for me to photograph your child for this event, my charity event session fee is only $35, and I am offering a discount on prints. Contact me ASAP! The families who have participated so far wanted to help this amazing organization, as well as get some great portraits of their kids.

I am thrilled to preview images from Sunday. I am really loving this look! I will probably continue to offer similar mini sessions even after the contest deadline, as Center Stage Model Kids sessions. Contact me for details!

OK - on to the *beautiful* kids I had the honor to photograph on Sunday. (and please click on each image so you can see it bigger!)

Aspen (above and below):Danielle:Jenna:

Jackson:
Lily:

8 comments:

meggan said...

Beautiful images Lori! What a great organization to do a fundraiser for!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! These are amazing. Your lighting is always so perfect. And the kids are gorgeous, which helps =)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! Love the look of these. - Amanda

Anonymous said...

Lori, these are great! I had to check out your post. I will be posting mine later this week too!

Anonymous said...

Your studio work is so beautiful Lori. These are all worthy of winning!

Anonymous said...

NILMDTS is a fabulous organization to be working with. What a fun idea to continue the sessions as who doesn't want to be a model for a day? Gorgeous images with adorable kids - too fun!

Kare said...

Love the pics, Lor! Especially seeing J and J, they've grown!

Teri Mason Photography said...

These are awesome! I especially love the last one - she must have some big personality!!