Sunday, September 21, 2008

Wonderful new family

Meggan and Ryan brought their precious, 12-day-old baby girl for portraits today in my Shawnee studio. They reminded me of my husband and I, 10 years ago, when we first became parents. Excited, proud, in love, and just a tiny bit unsure about their new roles in life. The session lasted three hours - as my newborn sessions tend to last... we make time for feedings; time to quiet the baby, time to clean up the inevitable pee and poop... but the investment of time always pays off. Here's four proofs for you to enjoy while you await your gallery. If they look pixelated, simply click on them to see them better. I am so happy to have been able to work with you today!Look! She's winking at us! Awww~!

7 comments:

Kare said...

I'm always drawn to the ones where the baby is laying along the arm. What a beautiful family! I know you love your babies. =D

Anonymous said...

Ohmygosh! That family portrait is absolutely stunning! You lighting is just amazing; and the look on mom's face says it all. -- Evangeline

Capturing the heart and soul of childhood said...

Aww, beautiful baby! These are just lovely.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, happy family! You did a great job of capturing their pride and their joy. - Nan

Anonymous said...

OMG, what an adorable little sweetie! Beautiful images. :)

LiveLoveLaugh Photography said...

You always do such a good job capturing emotion.
Is there anything you CANT do Lori?
I dont think so.

Awesome job as always.

Anonymous said...

WOW - that family portrait is jaw-dropping. The emotion you captured is heart warming.