Sunday, September 28, 2008

Another little angel

Another little angel has graced my studio this week - this time a baby boy - almost 3 weeks old but still very tiny. He was so calm during his session - probably the most calm awake baby I've photographed. His mom and dad, Tessa and Jason, say that's just the way the little guy is! Lucky them - unless of course he's saving it all up for later =D

I'm not much of a prop photographer when it comes to baby portraits (no big flower pots for me, but Anne Geddes sure does them well), but mom asked about wings and I do happen to have a pair donated to me by a client - so on went the wings, and the result is pure magic!

Here's a preview - enjoy!
I love the symbolism of this last portrait - the idea that his baby's parents will support him through his whole life. And besides that, I also love his little round tummy and the way his feet are "praying"!

8 comments:

Kare said...

That first one is just adorable! I could easily see it over a mantle.

Unknown said...

ohhh... So precious!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad those wings came in handy. Love the little angel photo.
Sibyl

Anonymous said...

Love the symbolism behind the last photo. It's something they can treasure for years to come! - Nan

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful. I haven't thought to use my angle wings in about forever.

Stefanie Weber Photography said...

get outta here with that first one!!! it's perfect! i really love your work.

Anonymous said...

Lori - those portraits are beautiful. Prop photographer or not, that angel baby is fabulous and the one of the parents supporting the baby is so meaningful and beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Wow, an angel who is smiling in his sleep. I love this picture. He is soooooo cute, and you were able to catch it. Good job.