Monday, June 7, 2010

Special Family Portrait Session - Kansas City Photographer

All of my portrait sessions are special to me, but sometimes I am asked to photograph a family during a particularly emotional time in their lives and this session was one of them.  Last Wednesday I photographed Chuck and Katie and their daughter, Saturday the little girl danced in her yearly dance recital and that evening, Chuck left for a year+ in Afghanistan. What an honor for me! Wishing Chuck safety during his tour, and hoping the time goes quickly for Katie and their daughter.

Thank you so much, Katie. Enjoy the preview.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These sessions make our jobs so important, don't they? These are wonderful images and I know this family will look at them many times over the year, and in the years to come. -- Stacie W.

Donna said...

Beautiful family, and beautiful portraits. You've got some great locations - that door/wall (?) is amazing!

mandy said...

What beautiful work you have done for this very lucky family. I just love the colors and great location.

Katie said...

Lori, thank you for capturing our family. We will love these dearly this year and for years to come!

Corey Sewell said...

Beautiful images, Lori. They will definitely cherish these for a lifetime.