Thursday, March 11, 2010

Girl-About-Town - Kansas City Children's Photography

As you know from following my blog, I'm very at home doing sessions in my studio in Shawnee; and I also do many sessions outdoors. But what I haven't done much of at all is indoor sessions. So when Meggan contacted me for her daughter's 18-month portraits and suggested indoor portraits I was eager for the challenge.

This little girl is quite the girl-about-town - we did her 1-year portraits in the West Bottoms, and so for this session we went to Union Station - where the family frequently goes for weekend adventures. I've photographed this sweet thing since she was just a few days old and it's special for me to get to see her grow up through my portraits.

Thank you, Meggan and Ryan for once again choosing Center Stage!

16 comments:

Tammy said...

All 3 are lovely! She's adorable & judging by the emotive expression in the last one, you're in for a real treat photographing her as she gets older :)

Alicia said...

She is such a beauty, you did a wonderful job capturing her!

Dawn said...

Lovely work. Your lighting is always spot on!

Lauri said...

I love your color and the depth of your tones . And she's such a cutie!

Chelle said...

I love your light and color. So sweet!

Rebecca said...

So beautiful, Lori. Indoor/outdoor/studio, they all 3 agree with you!

Amy said...

The light is just lovely in these. Beautiful work. I LOVE the one of her walking in her fabulous dress. Too cute!

Jane Eaton Hamilton said...

Love that first one. Divine lighting, and it looks like she is playing a piano. Maybe she is in her mind?

Great job here, Lori.

Corey Sewell said...

What a cutie!

amy (3Peas) said...

Great work Lori- I LOOOOOOVE that 1st one- the lighting and expression are just perfect :)

TaraMc said...

You did great! These are gorgeous, such lovely color and expressions.

Jeanette LeBlanc said...

Beautiful - as always!

PamN said...

Get ready to do more of these sessions - just beautiful!

giovanna said...

So beautiful and fun! Love the way you see and use lighting!

dsr said...

What a beautiful little girl. Love the last one!

Lina said...

Beautiful girl, and wonderful session as well!