Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Beauty of Dance - Julie


I continued my work today with professional dancers. This time it was Julie's turn in front of my camera. Julie has taught my daughter ballet for many years now, and is such an excellent teacher and a beautiful dancer as well. The only disappointment is that I haven't gottten to work on her session yet as my laptop's monitor stopped working just after I finished this one portrait. The monitor is being fixed - and I may get to work on a different computer later this evening. But I really wanted to share the only one I have ready to show - as it's a beauty! Doesn't Julie's *dark* hair (not black, right Julie? =) ) look great with the ruby tones of my backdrop and drape?

I'll post more when I can! Thank you, Julie! It truly was a pleasure!

By the way - I think these dancer sessions are a wonderful way for competitive dancers (teens); as well as adult professional dancers to document their love for this amazing art form. If you are interested in your own session, please contact me. I have special pricing and collections for dancers.

Late Tuesday update:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! This image is stunning!! Breathtaking. Great job!

Anonymous said...

My Goodness!! This is STUNNING!! Her hair does look perfect with the background!

Anonymous said...

Wow! The burgundy backdrop and drape is simply stunning! These portraits really show off the grace and power of this dancer. ++ -- Tracie

Anonymous said...

I think it's no secret that I think you're pretty amazing. But I'm a little biased. Julie looks beautiful! I can't wait to see more. - Kare

Anonymous said...

Great work - the last one is TDF! - Jilly

Anonymous said...

Lori these are just STUNNING!!! You do such an amazing job of capturing the movement and beauty of dancers!

Anonymous said...

Love them! It's great seeing your portfolio of dancer photos grow. Julie looks amazing. I love the one of her in jeans with her toe shoes. - Nan

Merav said...

These portraits are just striking. I am sure that loads of dancers will be knocking on your studio door to have their own sessions.