Thursday, October 1, 2009

My pretty ballerinas - Kansas City Portraits


Finally! Previews from Sunday's ballerina portrait event at my studio in Shawnee. I am really enjoying editing these images - so beautiful! I am so looking forward to hearing what you all think of your galleries. Thank you to all of you who have sessions. It is always a pleasure to create these beautiful images. We photographers have a saying - if an image is especially beautiful we called it "canvas worthy" - and I am seeing a lot of canvas worthy portraits.

Sessions for this event are now sold out - I've got about 30 children to photograph between Friday and Sunday. If you know someone who wants a session, please have them contact Laurie Wood (not me - even though our names are similar). We are considering starting a waiting list for those still wanting sessions, and if we get enough interest I will schedule another date later this month or in November. Her email address is: lauriehullwood@hotmail.com

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What amazing photos Lori! I bet these moms are going to LOOOVE these great portraits of their princesses!

Anna-Karin said...

My goodness such beautiful little girls. So lovely to have these childhood memories captured by you photographing them. These portraits will become timeless treasure to remember this time when they were involved in dancing. Well done!

Anonymous said...

They are so cute. I love the way you have captured their love for life. Ballerina moms will have a terrible time choosing their portraits this year.

meggan said...

such beautiful girls and lovely portraits!

Marmalade said...

beautiful work Lori, amazing. Beautiful little ballerinas captured gorgeously, these photos will be cherished forever by their parents.

Janine Dietz said...

Ohh - what adorable ballerinas! I love these portraits -- every one so fresh and lovely!

Lisa Dillon said...

These are so sweet--ethereal and light and beautiful! I love them!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, these make me want to send Ava back to dance class so she can be as beautiful as these little ones!

Kimberly Hill said...

These are gorgeous! Definitely canvas worthy portraits and such lovely captures of such a special time in their little girls' lives. Beautiful heirlooms of beautiful girls, Lori.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, keep them coming!

Teri Mason Photography said...

Sooo pretty. I love all the tutus and especially the fall colors. And such sweet girls!!

corey civetta said...

Beautiful, as always, Lori! Their moms are going to be thrilled!