Monday, September 7, 2009

The Beauty of Dance - Stephanie

I've wanted to photograph Stephanie, now studying dance in New York, ever since she was one of my daughter's dance teachers. She was on a little break in Kansas from her bi-coastal life last week and so I finally got a chance to put her in front of the camera. She brought along a friend (who I have photographed many times) and we had a good time in the studio. Besides dance portraits, we had fun with headshots, and other things, too. Stephanie - I'll have your gallery ready soon!

This first one below is my favorite of her. It's not my traditional dance portrait, but I love it. I've always thought that Stephanie is very cerebral about dance. When she taught her classes, I could see her thinking - this portrait shows that side of her, I think. (click on it to see it better).


Fun with Marky!
I love this headshot of Stephanie - she looks like she's ready for Hollywood, doesn't she?

And my favorite headshot of Marky! I love showing women how beautiful they are!

2 comments:

Kare said...

Beautiful work, I think I love your dance portraits most of all.

Donna L. said...

Nobody uses shadows and light in the studio like you do, and that's very evidenced in your dance work. And, P.S. - I would kill to have legs like hers!