Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy 10th birthday to my baby girl!


I can't believe that as of tomorrow morning, I will have been a mom for a decade. Ten years ago this evening, when I thought I might be in labor, I thought I knew what it meant to be a mother - after all, I had my own mom and grandmothers as wonderful role models. But really, looking back, I had no clue what I was getting into! But goodness, we were about to embark on the greatest adventure of our lives.

I am so incredibly proud of this beautiful creature I call my daughter - she's got so much going for her - smart, funny, kind, talented and beautiful. Sometimes when I look at her I wonder just how in the world did she come from Todd and me?

Paige is a dancer - so passionate and eager to learn and improve. But more so, Paige is a performer. She loves to entertain and be the center of attention - and we love every second of it.

I recently did a portrait session with her - she's admired the dancer sessions I've done recently and wanted one of her own. And we did some fashion-y portraits, too. (Of course, she's already asking for a new session even though I just did this one in August!). So here she is, my baby girl, who will turn 10 in a few short hours.

I love you, Dolly! (the picture immediately below was taking on her second birthday).

(If your monitor's resolution makes them look pixel-y, just click on them to see them better).


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made g-ma cry and g-pa sad that our precious darling is growing up. We are so proud of you Paige and look forward to watching you dance and become a beautiful young lady.
And, Lori, wouldn't you know that you chose a picture of Paige with what else---a kitten. What a cutie she was at 2 years old.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Beautiful BEAUTIFUL daughter and beautiful photos too. Be proud of both Lori!

Anonymous said...

Hey I know that beautiful little girl. Happy birthday sweetie. You had my heart from the moment I first laid eyes on you. I wouldn't trade a second of our time together for anything on earth. I love you.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Paige and Connor are two of the best things that have ever happened to me. For that I'll always be grateful to you and Todd.

I always determine moments in time by figuring out whether it happened "before Paige" or "after Paige." She'll forever be my Pie.

10! And it seems like only yesterday to me when she was born and G-Pa insisted she talked to him in the hospital room.

Love you, Pie. This much > <. - Nan

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Paige, what a joy you were to Jim watching you dance in our living room and putting your dolls down for naps with every washcloth I owned strung thru the house.What a great little helper you were for me going out to hange laundry and handing me the closepins. Then running thru the yard with your little curls bouncing.I could write a book about your escapedes. You are a beautiful young miss and I'm very proud of you. You are my favorite
g-niece
Hugs, A-Carol

Anonymous said...

Wow, your daughter is beautiful!! Happy Birthday!!!1

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Mom, beautiful lighting for your beautiful girl :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, she is so beautiful, Happy Birthday!!
Wonderful job Lori, and isn't it wonderful when we get to do this for our families too. ++

Misty Jones Photography said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! You take the most amazing portraits! ++

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Paige! I love hearing your Nan talk about you - how talented you are and how proud you make her. Every aunt should be so lucky.

Aunt Kare's friend Joanna :)

Anonymous said...

She's very pretty! Happy Birthday to her!

Stefanie Weber Photography said...

happy birthday! she's beautiful lori! through your words, i can just hear your pride for her. your dance portraits are stunning!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Your daughter is gorgeous (and so are the photos, but that goes without saying!).

Anonymous said...

These are STUNNING. Love them!! Beautiful job as always! ++