Sunday, July 6, 2008

Let Her Eat Cake!


Happy first birthday to this sweet, sweet little girl, who will be turning one in the next few days. I can hardly believe a year has passed already. Her mom, Dana, is one of my best clients - I photographed her for maternity portraits (and I really think that session is when The Lori Style was born); and the baby's newborn, 3-month, 6-month, and 9-month portraits - just look over the blog and you will see this little redhead's face everywhere!

Today we had her first birthday portrait session - which Dana and I have been looking forward to for so long! We did a "cake smash" session - which means, Dana brought a cake and I photographed the baby while she talked to it, smashed it, tasted it (a little bit); and generally had a ball! So did we - it was a very entertaining sight. This session was so fun - I can't wait to do another one - so come on Kansas City - bring me your babies! Let the cake smashing begin! :)

Thank you so much, Dana, for your loyalty (and referrals!) in the past year - I'm looking forward to your outdoor family session this fall. Enjoy the preview!

So, what is this thing?
I don't know... but I shall smash it!
Uh oh. I've made a terrible mess!
Maybe if I quietly sneak away, Lori won't notice.
Uh... can someone get me a towel?
Here she is before the cake carnage began .

10 comments:

Angela said...

Now that is precious! I love the progression of her getting messier and messier. So cute! ++

Jen said...

What a gorgeous redhead! I love how much she really got into that cake....what fun!!! The cake progression would make a fabulous storyboard!++

Jen said...

What a gorgeous redhead! I love how much she got into that cake...fabulous! I would definitely want some of that progression in a storyboard. ++

Kare said...

Oh.my.lord! Mary is going to love these photos. Too cute!

Heather said...

OH MY GOODNESS! What else can you say? Those are adorable! I'm sure these will be brought out when that first boyfriend comes calling! ++

Jan said...

THOSE are so cute!! Your lighting is so even, too. You are great, Lori!! A++

Joni Streit said...

I love your processing on that last "non-cake-eating" shot. Her momma must be so pleased! :) ++

Nicole said...

These are precious. You've done a really great job with this session. I can so see a storyboard. Too cute!++

Nicole
www.nicoleramsay.com

Unknown said...

I love these. That pink backdrop is awesome! And that little girl is adorable! Wonderful work! ++

(Becky -beckyearlphotography.com/blog)

ames said...

Aw, she is the most serious baby I've ever seen. <3 So cute!

(and so it won't seem so random, I'm a friend of your sister's. *g*)