Saturday, June 14, 2008

Kristy Finds Her Prince


I've known Kristy since I was 14 years old... which means we've been friends for 24 years! But she's been much more than just a friend to me and my twin sister, Karen - she is almost like another member of our family. Karen, Kristy and I all lived together during our college years; she was the one who Mom asked to tell us that our beloved Grandpa Carl had died; she gave our parents' dog her enduring nickname (Bonnie Blue Bell); and Kristy kept vigil with my family at the hospital the night I was in labor with my first child. She's been there for us -- a very loyal and true friend -- all of these years.

Today I did something very special - I photographed Kristy and her fiance, Bob, for their engagement portraits. And, since Karen, Kristy and I were a bit like the Three Musketeers, I think it was only fitting that my sister was also there for the portrait session tonight.

I am so happy for you, Kristy, and come September, Karen and I will wear those crimson dresses with pride.

Here's a few to look at while you await the rest of your portraits. All the best, Kristy and Bob!

1 comment:

Kare said...

I love the photos, and your equally-beautiful words. And I can't think of a better headline for Princess Kristy P.!