Sunday, August 12, 2007

Patience pays off



Jessica brought her family today for portraits. Included in that family is a 2-year-old. That is a really tough age for studio portraits. I remember when we took our own son to a studio for his 2-year portraits. There were so many tears, cajoling, pleading (and that was just on the part of the photographer! LOL). My husband and I swore off portraits for a while after escaping that studio at the end of the session.

Just like my own son, Jessica's little boy really wasn't thrilled with having his portraits taken. But Jessica and I talked about how it only takes one -- one portrait in which everyone is looking at the camera and looking happy -- to make the session worthwhile. I think we've got a few she will be happy with. It just takes patience. Thank you for trusting me with your family portraits!